Friday, May 28, 2010

This past week

Oh wow, so I'm lame and havn't been typing much. Goodness, I can't even remember what I've been doing!
Ok, Friday/Saturday was Macau.
Sunday - Slept in. Ran some errands with Paul in Wan Chai and then went to go see Robin Hood. I don't know why everyone was bashing on it! I loved it! Like really really really enjoyed it. I loved that it was a different take than the typical steals from the rich gives to the poor. The movie started with Robin's life before all of that and how he progressed to become that person. Really enjoyed it, even with Chinese subtitles :)
Monday - Work work work! Guess what? I went to work! and then afterward, had margaritas. Monday is Margarita Monday at Coyote's in Wan Chai. Not actually, the girls I go with just named it that. To have a frozen margarita is kind of a novelty here...as if there is any other way to have a margarita?! So a few margaritas and a delicious quesadilla later I cabbed it home. Watched a little bit of glee (rented from the Country Club) and then went to bed. Lame I know!
Tuesday - I'm so lame. Coffee in the morning, work, coconut tart or noodles for lunch, bus home, dinner, and then true blood. I have read all of the books and now started watching the HBO Series. so addicted. wow.
Wednesday - Pretty much the same as Tuesday. OH! haha something crazy did happen! So normally I drive in with my Uncle in the morning, but he wasn't feeling well (he's been sick for ages) so he told me he was going to stay at home. So I was running late and missed the bus I need to get into central on time. So I was 15 mins late (not a huge deal) but I was walking quickly, trying to make it to work kind of on time and as I was walking (not looking at my feet like I normally do, as crazy as it sounds, you kind of have to here, because the storm drains (not like US storm drains) have these little metal holes that eat your heels, so I have to watch out for those, and then when they are working on the sidewalks which is often, they put these huge cover things over the sidewalk, which I hate walking on because I'm scared I will be that person that will walk on one and it will give way to this bottomless pit. ) so anyways, I wasn't looking at my feet and my heel became subject to one of these ridiculous metal storm drain holes!
So I saved myself from tripping and continued on, duly noting that my heel was not feeling right. Made it to work and inspected my shoe... My right heel had no bottom, and you could see the nail or whatever on the bottom, which was why I was walking funny.
Got off of work early because there wasn't too too much for me to do, so I walked into Central, through the alleys of vendors and shops, (got your pink jacket mom!) and went to H & M on the quest for shoes. Now I'm not trying to go all girly on you all, but I was just not having a good day, I was grumpy that my shoe had broken and mad that there were about a million people in H&M, so I stormed out and went to CottonOn (Aussie store) and my new favorite! I was successful in there, purchasing a pair of sandals, ok 2 pairs, it was a deal, $149 for two. So that's like $18 US. and then I got a pair of shorts for $25. which is like $3 US. Bargain!
So once I had new shoes to wear, I took my damaged heels to Pedder Street, well the alley off of Pedder Street and dropped my shoes off with a man who promised them to me in 20 mins for $30 (less than US $4)
20 minutes later I had beautiful new heels on my, well heels.
Thursday - Work, drove in with Paul. Get to work, read my email and realize it's Paul's birthday and HE DIDN'T SAY ANYTHING. I completely forgot, shame on me! So I angrily text him and email him explaining this and ask what he wants to do. We decide to go for dinner at the Verandah in Repulse Bay. But backing up... Had a lunch meeting with my boss for next week. It was really great, he's a PR guy, so I'm going to be doing some interesting work I hope. It's a small company, but it's going to be good, I can feel it. Went to their office (once I found it, struggle bus...) and then we went for Japanese. I had sushi, of course, it was delicious. Lots of wasabi. Also had green tea ice cream for the first time. I wish they sold it in the states! Do they?? Because it is AMAZING! I could eat it everyday I'm pretty sure.
Left work early, came home to shower and change before dinner. Had an absolutely lovely dinner at this restaurant that used to be part of a hotel. It is now just the restaurant, they pulled the old hotel down. (Apparently you've been there, Mom)
Had a lovely salad they tossed and made in front of you, it was their "famous" caesar, with warmed (but still raw) salmon on top. yummy!
Had lobster linguine for my main course, Paul had a rack of lamb. We were quite stuffed, but thoroughly enjoyed the dinner.
Went home, was supposed to have a skype date with Shannon, but passed out on the couch. Sorry, Shannon!
Friday - The weekend (almost)! My last day at my current internship. It was good, really chill day there. I wrote a really great story about Tsavorite among other things. Good stuff. Got cakes for the office about 3pm as is customary here. On your last day it's like what you do. Coconut tarts and egg tarts for everyone! They're so so cheap it's insane! 24 cakes cost me $84, so $10.25. Cheap.
Finished everything up, gave in my name badge and left. Did a bit of shopping along the way. There is this little store that sell different things everyday. I kid you not, everyday it's somehing different. I got a hair thing for Lydia, and then a few bowls and a plate for Mom. I just couldn't resist!
So now I am home. Just had a steak that was mouth-watering. Listening to music and just relaxing. It is Paul's last night here. He leaves early morning and then I'm on my own! Eek! But it will be ok, I have just 12 days left until I come home. My how time has flown!
Peace and Love, friends. I will speak to you soon. Email or comment, it's always lovely to hear from you!
xoxox

1 comment:

  1. Yay!! I'm so glad you got to experience the deliciousness that is green tea ice cream :) Haagen-Dazs makes green tea ice cream, but it's not easy to find over here. The only place I've seen it is at Winn-dixie and even then only if you're lucky.

    ReplyDelete